Getting kids off the streets and into the great outdoors.
Wish to Fish Louisiana was organized with a goal to get kids off the streets, out of the house, away from the TV and video games and into the great outdoors.
It is easy for us to SAY take your child fishing, however, due to lack of equipment and other essentials needed for a day on the water not everyone has the ability to just pack up and take their kids fishing. Therefore, some children may not get the chance to experience a fishing in Sportsman’s Paradise. Wish to Fish offers that chance with emphasis on the importance of conservation and exploration.
What We Offer
- Fishing trip with professional guide (inland, offshore, kayake, etc.)
- Fishing and boating skills/safety.
- Educational seminars with personnel from the LA Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries and other educational institutions:
▫ Fish Identification (characteristics of several fresh and salt water species)
▫ Otolith (earbone) removal in order to demonstrate how to age fish
▫ Knot tying
▫ Other aquatic, wildlife, environmental, and conservation education
- Encourage parent/child interaction.
- Introduction outdoor career opportunities.
- FUN, FUN, and more FUN!